I am new to etsy, but before I opened shop I did tons of research on everything from running a business to fashion trends. Tons. I also did a lot of vintage searching; many miles worth. It wasn't research but it was a lot of fun of course, until it's time to pay.
I have a small studio set up which is cool, unless you see it. Now someone I don't even know, noticed my store?!! I can't help but get giddy and I want everyone to know.
My store was featured on "Off to a good start" by fernfiddlehead http://www.etsy.com/shop/fernfiddlehead
Here is the feature: http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4d50053ced226d91a10882fc/off-to-a-good-start
It looks easy, but takes a lot of time. I've been working non stop...except for this weekend. It was fun-filled in these descriptive words: resort executive suite, stripper, champagne, lots of men, lots of shots, lots of yelling, lots of stumbling, the beach and more ;) It doesn't take too much guessing to figure out what that was. I have never seen so many men buy an almost bride so many drinks! I guess it's the almost part that does the trick. I am not the bride to be, btw.
However, as amazing as last weekend was, I couldn't stop thinking about what I should be doing. But it didn't stop the fun. The other aspect I'm enjoying is creating the shop. I haven't sold a thing yet, but it is so exciting! It's mine so I care a lot. The difference for me between working for yourself or for someone else is that you do it because you want to. It's work even if I haven't made a cent.....yet ;)
I have a small studio set up which is cool, unless you see it. Now someone I don't even know, noticed my store?!! I can't help but get giddy and I want everyone to know.
My store was featured on "Off to a good start" by fernfiddlehead http://www.etsy.com/shop/fernfiddlehead
Here is the feature: http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4d50053ced226d91a10882fc/off-to-a-good-start
It looks easy, but takes a lot of time. I've been working non stop...except for this weekend. It was fun-filled in these descriptive words: resort executive suite, stripper, champagne, lots of men, lots of shots, lots of yelling, lots of stumbling, the beach and more ;) It doesn't take too much guessing to figure out what that was. I have never seen so many men buy an almost bride so many drinks! I guess it's the almost part that does the trick. I am not the bride to be, btw.
However, as amazing as last weekend was, I couldn't stop thinking about what I should be doing. But it didn't stop the fun. The other aspect I'm enjoying is creating the shop. I haven't sold a thing yet, but it is so exciting! It's mine so I care a lot. The difference for me between working for yourself or for someone else is that you do it because you want to. It's work even if I haven't made a cent.....yet ;)
I am. How exciting and yes the weekend was a blast!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete"It looks easy, but takes a lot of time. I've been working non stop..."
ReplyDeleteSo true! Good luck with your new shop. It's a lot of fun but definitely tons of work!